NEW YEAR, NEW YORK...


I'm off to the Big Apple in February and I couldn't be more excited! I'm just about finished my pre-trip research, and a snapshot of my to-do list is:

Ice skating in Central Park, cocktails at a rooftop bar, top of the Rock/Empire State Building, lazy brunches and see the twinkling lights of Manhattan from the Staten Island Ferry.
  
I've been going pin crazy - here's my inspiration board:



I've been reading lots of books about New York, and these are my favourites:

Select New York - Insight Guides

This is New York, Miroslav Sasek

City Secrets: New York - Edited by Robert Kahn

I'm hoping these maps will come in handy:



(l-r)

How to find old New York - Herb Lester

New York Burger map - All-You-Can-Eat Press

A Manhattan bar for all reasons - Herb Lester


What do you recommend for a classic NY experience?