JULY 2014


My July was made up of: West coast and East coast, visits to see family, solitary trips with work made better with cronuts and Quentin Blake, celebrating my engagement in a country hotel with afternoon tea, staying in tents, listening to the rain, staying in hotels, eating amazing food and exploring new places with my best travel buddy.

Even though I pretty much lived out of a suitcase for the whole month and my head barely touched my own pillow, on this summer holiday I found myself more relaxed than when I charge around a foreign city with an itinerary and a niggling fear of missing out on something important. I also realised that I feel most relaxed when I'm in or near water (it must be the Aquarius in me).

More British destinations coming to Travel Notes soon!

First row (l-r): Gorgeous views from Simonstone near Hawes; plunging my feet into the River Swale at Ivelet Bridge; prancing around on the hills near Simonstone
Second row: Calm seas at Blackpool; admiring one of my favourite artist's work at the House of Illustration; the perfect end to my NY Moors roadtrip at Whitby
Third row: a parma violet sunset at Hartoft End; fun with these two at Shaw Ghyll; always excited by London buses